New Setup! Merry Christmas Turtles!
For Christmas I made my turtles a new basking platform. This platform is made of PVC, reptile turf, egg crate, acrylic, heat resistant screen tops and lots of zip-ties. It took a bit of on-the-fly fixes to make the platform work but it turned out very well. I came home to Moses basking on it which means success. Overall this costed me about $100 but this platform allows for the 40 gallon tank to be filled completely. This added an additional 10 gallons of water to the tank as opposed to my older basking platform. 25% increase! If you have any questions about it comment below!
Current turtle tank setup:
- 40 Gallon Breeder Tank
- Zoo Med Turtle Clean 75
- Rocks and shells
- Various small fake aquarium plants
- DIY above tank basking platform
- UVB bulb in Deep Dome light fixture
- Basking Bulb in Mini Deep Dome Light Fixture
- Aqueon Pro Heaters Submersible Aquarium Heater (200 Watt)
- Zilla 24/7 Digital Timer Power Center